Life Chances Fund
The government has announced an £80m Life Chances Fund (LCF) 'to provide payment-by-results contracts for locally developed projects by socially minded investors'.
Contracts must be locally commissioned and aim to tackle complex social problems.
The LCF has six themes and it has now issued a call on the last theme - Older people’s services.
The priority is for proposals that help maintain independent living, focusing on outcomes that support hospital discharge and reduce or delay long-term admissions to care homes.
The call says that they would ideally like to see proposals that put older people in the lead of designing the services they receive. Housing adaptations, assistive technology and Telecare are specifically mentioned as examples of interventions that can enable older people to live more independently and stay in their own home, delaying admission to residential care. However, please note that the LCF is a revenue not a capital programme.
Living in poor housing conditions is included in the list of factors that can put older people at risk of developing a health condition or injuries.
The deadline for Expressions of Interest is 14th September 2017.
Details on how to apply
Foundations Independent Living Trust (FILT) funding
FILT provides a range of funds and aims to expand its offering in future.
There are two types of funds which HIAs can access on behalf of their clients:
– those which involve individual applications (such as the npower Health Through Warmth Crisis Fund)
– delegated funds, where subject to a funding agreement, the HIA receives a ‘pot’ of money to use for specific objectives over a specific period of time
Some of our schemes – for example, the Gas Safe Charity scheme – include both types. So even if your HIA has not been awarded a ‘pot’ of funds, you can still apply to FILT on behalf of individual clients.
Why use FILT?
- range of funds geared to HIAs and their clients for a variety of different needs
- simple application processes with 58% of applications processed within 24 hours
- funds totalling £926,000+ available via HIAs in 2015-16
- more than 90 HIAs already work with FILT
- our new online application system will make referrals and decisions even quicker
Apply now for funds
FILT’s funds are accessed by the HIA either by an individual application on behalf of a client, or as an allocation of funds to be used by the HIA in line with the funding programme.