Foundations partners with Trade Days
We’re delighted to announce that Foundations and Trade Days are running a collaboration at Trade Days 2017 – 8th and 9th October at the NEC, Birmingham. We see this as an excellent opportunity for Home Improvement Agencies to promote their expertise, gain new business locally and across the UK.
Now in its 4th year, Trade Days is Europe’s sole trade-only event for the mobility, homecare and assistive technology sectors. Only businesses that wholesale, manufacture or distribute these products are eligible to exhibit; no end users are admitted. Visitors are buyers for mobility shops, and pharmacies, perfect for referral schemes and direct sales. As every person visiting a mobility retailer or pharmacy is likely to have a need for adaptation and handyman services for themselves or a friend or relation, we have created a Foundations Pavilion with the organisers CloserStill Media that will allow HIAs to be grouped together in a prominent location.
This is an excellent opportunity to make the contacts to grow your business and discover new opportunities to offer your existing customers.
Key UK demographics that demonstrate why the sector is growing include:
- 33% of UK residents are disabled or close to someone who is: 10 million people (40% aged 11-59) with combined annual spending power of £212 billion (source: Business Disability Forum)
- UK population aged 65+ projected to grow by 48% between 2015 and 2035, from 11.6 million to 17.3 million (source: Office of National Statistics)
- Established and increasing trend away from state funding of products/services and towards private funding means that retailers have increasingly crucial role to play
Here are some more facts and figures about the Trade Days visitors that came in 2016:
- 84% had sole or joint budget responsibility
- 90% of the visitors came to meet new suppliers
- 79% came to meet existing suppliers
- 83% saw new products and met new companies at the show
- 65% either placed orders at the show or had done so in the two weeks after
There are only 11 booths (each 4m2, costing £1516 + VAT) in the initial pavilion, so please contact the Event Director Clare Johnson immediately with any questions on 0207 348 5766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org